We always use accredited sustainable & recycled papers, smaller page sizes, and reduced weights where possible.
To save on transportation miles, we have moved most of our paper production to a British Mill, which has exceeded all 3 of its Climate Change Agreement (CCA) Milestones for specific energy use per tonne of saleable product. Not only do they produce high-quality, distinctive papers, but they are also at the forefront of cutting-edge paper recycling technology.
All the pulp purchased is manufactured using either an Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) or a Totally Chlorine Free (TCF) bleaching process.
All of our paper suppliers are committed to sustainable forest management and have attained the International Standards ISO 9000 and ISO 14001.
- Biodegradable thermal lamination.
- Vegetable-based printing inks.
- Chemical–free thermal plate-making processes.
We proudly work with a greeting card and packaging specialist with environmentally sound credentials, who have claimed the prestigious Print Week Awards title of 'Environmental Company of the Year Award' several times, becoming a recognised industry leader. Their premises runs its power of 35% daylight, and they carefully monitor the usage of electrical material. They have also developed an initiative to help and encourage their clients to save energy and work more efficiently.
- We are making a pledge to eliminate plastics:
- We no longer wrap cards ordered from our online store with cellophane.
- Do not wrap our brochures in cellophane.
- We currently use re-cyclable cellophane to wrap our retail cards.
- We use compostable bags to send packs of cards to wholesale customers.
- We are committed to removing cellophane from our cards and will be phasing out this practise.
We work with our logistics team to ensure that our packaging on postal orders is as environmentally friendly as possible.
When selecting suppliers for our gifts range, we aim to choose brands and small producers that use sustainable means of production.
We're working with our logistics team to ensure that our packaging on postal orders is as environmentally friendly as possible.
Here at Lagom we firmly believe that creating beautiful things does not have to be at the expense of the planet. From the smallest card to the largest gift, we take care to ensure that the environment is taken into consideration every step of the way. This is part of the natural balance we strive to achieve and lies at the very heart of Lagom.